Siryn's Song

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Thought for Posterity: Design

For some reason, my mind ran across home decorating ideas. I was watching some show on HGTV with my mom in New York the night before getting sworn in, and they did this one room with an Asian theme. It was unique, and I liked some of the ideas. One of the things they did was paint a design on the wall. The wall was light green, like seafoam or a pale mint. They projected an image of a floral design on the wall, outlined it in pencil, and then painted over it with white paint by hand. It came out looking pretty nice. I might consider doing that in my own living room once I own a home. And the floral design will involve Lotus flowers like the designs seen here. I would use the Indian Sacred Lotus, or some variant of it. I might use the Japanese Lotus for a border design, or for tiles. I am not a Buddhist, but the symbolism involved with the Lotus is also very beautiful. I am not as fond of the Egyptian Lotus; its petals appear too sharp. American Lotus is also pretty. Maybe I'll have Lotus as the flower for my wedding, should it ever occur. *shrug* These are just jotted down thoughts so that I can revisit them later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home