Siryn's Song

Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Fortune Cookie Fantasy

Last night (well, today, but in the weeeee hours) I mentioned a couple of fortune cookies I had come across a couple of weeks ago. Well, we just had chinese for lunch today and would you know, I got two very eerie fortune cookies? The first one: Happy life is just in front of you. Wow, that's uncanny. I can't help but light up - the cookie knows I'm quitting!! The next one: The job is well done. That's too much. I haven't dropped the bomb yet. And I feel a little bad, because my boss is really into this case now, the big property one in DC. Some fishy things are afoot that are making the case look stronger. I am sad to not be able to see this one through. I like this client, too. Oh well. It's not like I'm going to change my mind now. It's like a chess board - the pieces are in place, and my queen is ready to strike. Checkmate, bitch! But having a conscience can suck. Right now is one of those times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home