Siryn's Song

Sunday, July 17, 2005

I'll Take Fries With That Whopper

It took my dirty clown of a boss two days to think up a decent-sounding lie to explain why the new guy wouldn't be coming back. And boy, that was a whopper of a lie. Basically, he said that the new guy was lured away by the siren's song of money - to the tune of $150k at some large firm in Beltsville, MD. Anyone that lives around here should be scratching their head - what the hell is in Beltsville?! The point, exactly. And then he says that the judge who put them in contact (this used to be his law school classmates who highly recommended the dirty clown to the new guy, but who cares about details, right?) had put him in contact with this huge firm in Beltsville. Of course, he couldn't remember the name of this firm in Beltsville. I managed to feign shock well enough. Little did he know that I knew the guy was quitting, and that the guy is going to work for a mid-sized firm in Upper Marlboro. Woops! At least he didn't slander the new guy. What could he say, really? I mean, he sequestered the guy almost instantly, the new guy didn't spend lots of time in my office. Of course, he also didn't mention the 16-point manifesto that the new guy gave him. But, of course, like the devil he is, my boss told Admin something different. He said that the new guy left because the office was disorganized (blaming Admin) and because of me and the other girl making the new guy feel 'uncomfortable.' It's never him... One thing did come of all this - I'm supposed to be getting a raise. Thank goodness, because student loans keep going up as prime keeps getting increased. Plus the cost of medical is going up. So, in the meanwhile, I will take that raise... but I'm still working on getting the hell out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home