Siryn's Song

Friday, January 06, 2006

The Other Shoe

...has dropped on the dirty clown, my former boss. I got out just in time. I don't want to say too much, but the firm as we have known it is over. He is on the run, figuratively speaking. Once I found out, I called all my friends that used to work for him to let them know. I called my family. I was a little giddy. I could almost hear Bar Counsel saying, 'Gotcha, Bitch!' My mother said to not rejoice in sadness. A part of me had said that too. But then I said, should we feel sad for Jack Abramoff? Tom DeLay? She laughed. You see, it's nice every once in a while to see justice meted out in this lifetime. I don't revel in the injury itself, but I am pleased that he wasn't going to be allowed to continue to shit on people in that jurisdiction. You see, what I really wanted was for him to be more professional, to truly care about our clients and people in general. The clients are the ones most hurt by this. They are the ones having to scramble to find new representation when many of them have paid their retainers over to yon dirty clown. Of course, many of those retainer funds have run out, but I'm sure that there are more than a handful out there who still have funds left on retainer. And some poor counsel is now going to have to clean up all his shit, all the mistakes made due to his laziness and poor preparation - he was too busy thinking with his third leg, instead of caring about the clients and coming up with competent strategies. The other people deeply hurt by this is the staff, who put up with his bullshit. He is considering not paying them, and told those that asked about it to their faces. Asscorn. You see, it's stuff like this that leaves me with no sympathy for this particular devil. Do the right thing. Do the harder right instead of the easier wrong. But because that isn't his style, he is finding himself under the wheels of the karma bus. Corrupt MF. The things you do two by two, you pay for one by one. What's ironic from my standpoint is, I was chatting with the lovely Velvet last night and she told me that she's been reading my archives. For giggles, I went back into the summer of 2005 and started reading some of the stuff I wrote. It's amazing how terribly sad my life was at that time because of this man. I was so frustrated, and it kept piling on. But God was faithful to me, as he is always faithful, and sent me this job in New York. He sent me to good and competent people (not perfect, mind you) where I can learn at least for a while. I can't believe it's been four months already. Next thing you know, a year will have passed, and where will I be, professionally? Light years ahead of where I would be if I stayed with the dirty clown. And in a much better position to find new employment, if need be. What is happening with him now is validation of my decision to leave. I got out by the hair of my chinny-chin-chin! Thank you, Lord. Dirty clown, it is not long before your jig is completely up. Your wound is grave. Maybe if you repent and really change, you will be spared the complete wrath of God for your actions. But I fear that you will not, because you have proved yourself to be a narcissistic asshole on far too many occasions to allow me to realistically hope that you will ever change. If you cannot be the professional your clients trust you to be, then it is best that you find a new career. That's a win-win situation for all of us.

1 Comments:

  • I'm getting to the mofo boss part. Haven't gotten there yet.

    A wise man once said, "You get what you put in, and people get what they deserve."

    That wise man was Kid Rock.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 1/07/2006 06:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home