Siryn's Song

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Uninspired

That's all, really. Things have been going on but I've not talked about them because, well, I don't want to. There's news, but no introspection to go with it. Or commentary that I'm just not ready to make yet... stuff that is percolating and might find voice later. I have hit a somber period and for once, I've just shut up about it. For no reason in particular, I feel Sheryl Crow resonating again.

Look at your face It doesn't look like it did You hide the love that you're not willing now to give Willing now to give
From Perfect Lie, on Wildflower. Dating has hit this period of "I don't care" because I think we all want the "something more" and won't settle for friends. The measure of a relationship is the energy you put into it. I call it the "give a shit factor" because giving a shit is the difference between love and a disposable relationship. If you don't give a shit, you can't hide it for long, and some work is due to bring things back up to par. And as I'm into reciprocity, I don't feel like doing all the work. I'm not into that. Anyway, I suppose I should share that I'm getting sworn in to the DC Bar shortly, so that's good news. I'll be back in town soon, and I hope to actually make use of that bar. I want the flexibility that it brings, as it is a gateway jurisdiction for reciprocity with most other bars. Peace unto you.

4 Comments:

  • Congratulations on your upcoming swearing in! What a wonderful accomplishment.

    By Blogger Diane Mandy, at 3/29/2006 10:03:00 AM  

  • And also with you. I'm with you on the relationship track. I'm done with doing all the work, and I really can't be bothered with anything less right now. It's kind of a good place to be, because you just let whatever happens happen.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/29/2006 11:43:00 AM  

  • Thank you Diane! It does feel good.

    Frosh: yeah, it's good to just let go sometimes and let this junk roll off. Who can be bothered?

    By Blogger Siryn, at 3/29/2006 11:48:00 PM  

  • good to see that you are back.... missed you.

    By Blogger Dan, at 3/30/2006 09:00:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home