Siryn's Song

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Day 22

I have one guy that I enjoy talking to, and puts a little energy into talking to me. We email back and forth a bit, and talk on the phone, but have not met. I still don't know what he looks like. This is the guy that is going to brush up my Spanish. I'm going to talk to him later tonight. :) I met another one last week, the super smart doctorate guy. He's very nice and likes bikes. He has a bike and might be a great riding partner. I should cultivate a friendship with this one, but friendship only. I mean, I don't want to consider a first meeting a date per se, but one could do better than a raggedy t-shirt and jeans when meeting someone, especially someone who is just coming off of work and is suited far less casually. I mean, I did put it out there that if it felt right, I might enjoy being more than just friends. But chalk it up to the Internet and the ambiguity of it all... ...eh, no. There are way too many men that don't know how to make a good first impression. I've had too many first dates where I felt supremely overdressed by the company I came with. Men, even if it's not a true "date" that is no excuse to look like you just rolled off a futon, threw on your shoes, and ran out the door. Nuh-uh. I'm not asking for metrosexual glam. I'm just asking for a shade or two less thoughtlessness. Anyway, I've considered going back after one or two, in a Velvet kind of "I'm-glad-I-started-back-up-with-a-text" way, but really... in my heart of hearts, I know better, but I can be pretty judgmental sometimes - isn't it worth a shake? But then again, we both have been judgmental, haven't we? Neither of us put the energy into it. That's more telling than anything else. It's best to leave that fate to the universe to unravel and bring us back together in some serendipitous moment. Riiiiight. Axe dropping: I tried, but then I got a voice mail. I was tired, expressed my frustration at continually missing the dude, and haven't called him back. He emailed me last week before I took a little break, asking what I was doing. Heh. That night, I worked a little late then met the doctorate guy out. Haven't heard back from him. Good, because I really don't want to have that discussion about his issues. It's difficult as is, with me spending my waking hours in the city and not actually spending any time in the area where I sleep at night, trying to get to know someone who spends his waking hours in the area where I sleep at night. It's a recipe for disaster. I need a city guy, or someone of like commuting status. Same thing with the attorney that I already met - Mr. But No Cigar. Planning is a bitch, and who has time when you're not motivated? "Be ye not unevenly yoked" is still good wisdom. Time to call Mi Caramba. That's not my real nickname for him, but it's good enough for here. Lata!

3 Comments:

  • I agree with you...a little care with their outside shows a lot about how he cares for many things.

    Looking forward to meeting you-when is that again?

    By Blogger playfulinnc, at 3/16/2006 10:34:00 AM  

  • I'm glad you are bending a little. Sometimes we're too tough for our own good.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 3/16/2006 04:01:00 PM  

  • I think April 2, in NJ, playful.

    I'm really trying to be more flexible, to lighten up a little. It might help me focus some more!

    By Blogger Siryn, at 3/16/2006 07:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home