Siryn's Song

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Net-working!

A friend of mine from DC was up here and invited me to this party downtown. It was a great party! Open bar for 2 hours, a little food, plenty of good looking men... and hell, I even got to dance a little. I feel on top of the world. I was only a little bit lit - that's what wine on an empty stomach will do to ya! I hit my wall after about 2 1/2 glasses. I exchanged business cards with a few people. I'm going to keep going, because as I understand it, when I put my business card in, I got on the invite list forever. Boo-the frick-yaa! I'm going to meet the cute teacher tomorrow and I'm a little stoked. He just has a very positive and fun demeanor that I like. Hopefully things go swimmingly. If they do, we might go out again Friday. The way I'm feeling right now... hell, I hope he's fricking fabulous because I might be inclined to suck his face a little. hee. 'Twould be nice... been a while since I've had a good kiss that warms you all the way to the toes. Rawr. Big bonus points - he likes to dance. I can see us being very good friends. Spoke with Caramba last night too, after blogging. Batter up: Moroccan! He knew of this Moroccan place near the World Trade Center. He was going to check and see if it's still open. If it is... we're going to do Moroccan next. It'll be my treat (he doesn't know this). Caramba also can dance. He's got that latin flava, it's in his blood. Shweet. I can see a wonderful friendship growing there too. It's past time I stopped living like an overworked hermit and got out to really love this city. I want to love this city. I left DC because it was time to change and grow; it's time to start doing that personally as well as professionally. Can't keep looking backward for fun, must move forward. Forward is the only way to go.

1 Comments:

  • Awwwright grrrrl. I'm happy for you. Didn't know it was actually possible to meet someone organically- face to face. I've been mired in the questionably effective world of online dating too long.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3/23/2006 05:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home