Siryn's Song

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Ever After

One of my friends just got engaged. I'm so happy for her! She has only known this guy for a few months, but unlike most quick relationships, this one doesn't feel wrong. These two have been asking the right questions, have similar views, and have been committed to keeping their relationship God-centered. It's very pure, and I can see them growing together and being able to manage change. She's such a wonderful gal, she deserves this happiness. I'm usually the one to advise going slow and taking more time, but the truth is that when you know, you just know. And if you know after making a conscientious effort to do the right thing, as opposed to basing it off of lust or frivolous things, then it's OK in my book. Of course, my opinion truly doesn't matter, but hey - we all judge things. That's just my take on it. God sends people into our lives for a reason, and we must be patient. I was talking to my brother today about the topic of getting married. When will it be for me? I don't know. I mean, at this rate, I'll be an old bride. I turn 31 this year, and no one in sight. Them's the breaks, you know? Still, I trust that God will send the right person at the right time. I mean, he gave my brother his beautiful little son - how much more miraculous is that? Doctors never expected my brother to have children at all because of all the years of drugs and radiation to combat his tumor. I think that finding the right guy would be far less of a feat. But it's harder than it seems. My brother asked me what it was I wanted in a man. I want a good, Christian man that I am attracted to. I don't care much about money, but he needs to be pretty independent - though independently wealthy would be nice. ;) I want someone who shares my beliefs and won't just acquiesce to what I want. At the same time, I am comfortable in my own skin and by myself. I pretty much always have been, since I was a child. I don't need anyone to make my life complete, but I would like someone to share things with. For example, it would have been nice to have been married this week with my injured hand... cleaning myself and primping have been a little more difficult because the splint makes it awkward. Showering with someone else would have been easier - I wouldn't miss soaping up my left arm in trying to keep the right hand dry! Or lotioning my skin, same thing... I use my other fingers but it's not the same as getting a full palm's grip. I do get to go out and ogle cute guys, though, without regrets. I also danced with this seriously hot Indian guy on Friday. mmmmm. I can do stuff like that without regrets. But I also know how it feels to be so completely in love that all those other guys are invisible. I want to hit that state again, but permanently, with someone who will be my life's partner. It may not be in the cards for me, and I am a little prepared to be that way for the rest of my life. I am still young, but ... it is not for everyone. No matter what, I am not going to despair. The book of my life has been written, and nothing I do is going to change the outcome. I can only wish for Happily Ever After, but in my life that may mean that I do it by myself. I am equipped to handle anything that comes at me. All there is to do is to wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home