Siryn's Song

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Luck Be a Lady

I forgot to tell you all that I managed to score an interview with a law firm in New York! Thank the Lord, it at least gives me a shred of hope. The firm is a relatively small firm, only 16 attorneys. It's in midtown, on Lexington Avenue - woo woo! :) I believe that it's a more sophisticated practice, however, than this chop shop that I'm in now. The only thing that scares me is that the person I'm interviewing with knows my boss from law school - yikes! She is a year behind him, a fellow alum. This could be interesting. I suppose I'm going to have to tell her some of all this stuff, namely that I have had to talk to Bar Counsel about a particularly egregious instance. We'll see how things shake out. I am not going to pin my hopes on it, but it's a nice idea - to go and practice in the state where I'm barred! Moving would be a bitch, but I have family and friends in the area. You do what you have to in order to survive. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home