Siryn's Song

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Demise of a Dream

...for now. I couldn't complete the purchase of the townhome. Not enough liquid to close the deal, and 95% deals were onerous. Why? Because I am an investor, not an owner-occupier. There is some old Jamaican saying - translated into unbroken english, the saying is that thieves don't like to see other thieves with long bags. In a nutshell, thieves don't like to see other thieves being successful (having a bag so full of stuff that the bag is long). If I was purchasing the home to live in, I would have gotten it easily. But since I wanted to make a little cash off of it, the lenders decided they would gank me for it. And the only way to compensate is to have lots of cash on hand. So much for the little guy! Well, it was a learning experience. I'll pour my money back into an IRA and work on building up the cash for a down payment. I'm down, but not out of this game. This was an important lesson that I needed to learn. At least that stress is over. I need a serious vacation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home