Siryn's Song

Friday, August 05, 2005

Freedom Rising

Another bit of news - I am now "pending admission in the District of Columbia." Woohoo! For me, that is freedom - I will be locally barred whenever DC gets around to it. It means that I have the flexibility to stay here or leave. I can become a member of the Federal District Court's bar for the District of Columbia. That move opens other doors to admission in other federal courts. Most importantly, it allows me to quit and get temp work if I want to. And the best part of it all? My boss paid for it. muhahaha!!! Now, we'll see what happens... when the shit hits the fan... as it inevitably will... I won't be all that far up Shit Creek. I will have a local bar and will be able to reapply to other firms in this area. It's amazing how much of a difference it will make. One firm explicitly outlined why I couldn't get an interview and one of the big reasons was that I was not barred in D.C. Ouch, huh? We'll see how things shake out. But in the meanwhile... Yay!!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home