Siryn's Song

Monday, August 15, 2005

Hope and Drama

My brother's little boo-boo turned 2 this weekend. I am sorry that I missed it. He's such an adorable little cutie. I went to my friend's wedding this weekend. It was nice, although driving around Austin, TX is a bit challenging at first. I was so amazed - it's like it doesn't have a real downtown. There are, however, seemingly endless strip malls and a Target every couple of miles. Sheesh. The bigger problem was leaving! It took me 12 hours to get home. Delays, rescheduling, and eventually hoping and praying that I would make a flight that would get me into DC sometime after 2am. Yikes!! But I made it home. I am still tired. I am not staying up too late tonight. I went into work late, took a couple of hours to get some extra Z's. I should have just taken advantage of my airplane drama and taken the day off but I'm too much of a good kid to do that... So my boss must have popped in to our office at least a dozen times today before I showed up. And he still popped by (spying, or just wanting to seem busy) probably a dozen times more later. But then Mr. Hyde reared his head... after a meeting with a client, he decided to disappear before meeting the next one. He had a 1/2 hour window of opportunity. Where did he say he went? To get his hair cut in DC. WTF? Okay, it would take him at least 20 minutes to get INTO DC from where we are, and probably an hour to come back because it was rush hour. There was NO WAY he was coming back in time. And then on his way back, he decides to pick up his daughter from daycare. He's a half hour late. Truth is, he didn't go get his hair cut in DC. There was no way he went to DC and back in an hour during rush hour. His nappy head was still nappy when he got back. Chances are, he was out getting a quickie session of bumpin' uglies from his flighty new college-age girlfriend. How gross. She's a golddigger - she MUST be. He's not all that attractive, but he's an attorney with his own firm, 3 flashy cars, a big house, and the firm's credit card at his disposal. She now walks around our office like she owns the place. The new princess of the firm.... great. If she only knew how close he is to losing all of this, she'd go find another sugar daddy. Guess his other girlfriend, a former client of ours, is yesterday's news - though I'm sure he still keeps her on the side to "go to the gym." I wonder how the woman he lives with puts up with all this shit. This is so ghetto. Guess she's pretty ghetto, too. I was hot. I wanted to ream him out. This is exactly the kind of thing why the other girl quit in May. He is such a narcissitic creep, he will never learn his lesson. He has no consideration for the client's time, or ours. He is too busy thinking with his little head, focused solely on what he wants. He left this brand new client at the office so he could probably go fuck his little chick for a while. And then he comes back a half hour late, and expects the other attorney and our office manager to stick around - expecting the attorney to hold his hand in the fucking meeting, and the office manager to babysit his fucking kid (who happens to be just as moody as him - the fruit truly doesn't fall far from the tree). He has no respect for people's time. But here is the hope: [edited out] "Why haven't you left yet," you ask? Because I don't have mommy or daddy here to catch me. And I'm not ready to leave here. And I'm not going home. Once I can find employment, I am gone. I apparently need a certificate from the DC Bar saying that I'm now pending admission. Great... so once I have that, I can do temp work in DC and hopefully get something a little more lasting. I have sent out résumés to more places in the last week, including some to New York. I'm just not ready to move to New York, though. I don't know what it is. I will, if that's where permanent work takes me. But I am just not ready in my head. If I am patient, I will be more than eligible to stay here. I just need a piece of paper. It should be coming soon... I checked with admin and I know the checks have been cashed. ;) So, not too long now, it's not long... and it certainly is not forever. Thank God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home