Siryn's Song

Monday, September 05, 2005

Last Update - Katrina Help

The Red Cross is going to run the shelter at the Armory. However, they are not looking for small donations! See: http://dc.gov/release.asp?viewid=5283&pos=1 Basically, they are looking for bulk donations - we're talking about pallette-sized stuff - from individuals or corporations. They have probably been overwhelmed with care packages. That said, since I've already spent my cash anyway, I'm going to drop it off either with the police or at the Armory itself. Any further assistance should be done in cash to the Red Cross, unless you have the means to purchase pallettes of stuff. I do understand the need so I'm not so irked to read that release now - sorting through the stuff will take time and resources. That said, just do what you can, should the spirit move you. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home