Siryn's Song

Thursday, June 02, 2005

The Tease

So last night I went out with this guy from CL. We had spoken over the phone a couple of times prior, and I met him downtown just to put a face to name. We had great conversation; it was really refreshing to have a non-work-related intellectual conversation. He's a writer, and also owns his own business. He's tall, decent looking, funny, and easy to talk to though he tends to talk a lot. He's not really my type and I'm not typically his, but we could talk and that was fun. His excessive talking is little annoying, but it's just friends, right? Guess not. He wanted to 'play' with me. I did not want to 'play.' He knew going into meeting me that it wasn't going to happen - rather, he should have known. Mind you, it's tempting to 'play' since I haven't 'played' in almost two years. I wasn't kidding when I told him I was a good girl. Well, he tried ... and crashed and burned. It was tempting, though... when he stopped me in the middle of the street and began to hold me, running his fingers through my hair or down the small of my back, smelling my perfume, pecking at my neck... yeah, I got a nervous rush - that unsettling-but-in-a-good-way heat that courses through you. But I resisted. I don't know the guy from Adam! It would have been way too easy to take out some of my 'frustration' on him and he'd have loved it. But I rarely take the easy way out when it comes to this kind of stuff. I do ... or DID ... enjoy talking to the guy. But it seems that he's pissy at me, as I should have known would happen. I tried to talk to him today and was greeted with an icy "I'm surprised that you have contacted me, especially since you are SO innocent" over email. We trade a few more emails, and he gets pissy about me not 'scratching' my 'itch' and that since it was not my intent to 'scratch' it last night, that we will never 'scratch' and he was going to bed. What the fuck? I had always made it clear where I stood and where things were NOT going. He still wanted to meet me anyway. Obviously he had some conversation in his head with some version of me that I wasn't privy to. I think I will just let this sleeping dog lie and never call him again. So much for trying to just be friends! I think this supports my theory about the ability of men and women to be just friends. I think about this - I do respect men's feelings, and I wouldn't want to be a tease. I mean, it's not like I was dressed up with my funbags spilling out of some tight little top while making sexual innuendoes and then pulling away. I tried to keep it clean, on the up-and-up. He wasn't having any of it. So much for that. Damned testosterone...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home