Siryn's Song

Monday, August 22, 2005

Countdown

It's midnight. Time for me to check out and get some sleep - even though I've been sleeping most of the day away. I was going to go out and ride, but when it came down to it, I couldn't bring myself to do it and I didn't push myself. I ended up sleeping instead. I have my interview at 3pm - 15 hours away. I'm going to get up early and leave around 9 to go to New York. A friend of mine made a great suggestion: drive to Metropark in Iselin, NJ and take the train in. What a grand idea! It'll save me the stress and parking right before the interview. So, I've mapped out the location, figured out which trains I need to take. I've printed my writing samples and a couple of extra copies of my résumé. I found a nice folder with my law school's logo and packaged it all together, including a personal business card in the folder's pocket. It's a nice touch to show that I'm organized and have my stuff together. I have extra reading material in case I have to wait around. I have my suit picked out - fresh and still in the dry cleaning wrapping. It looks gray, but it's actually navy blue and white in a micro-mini pin stripe. The cut is clean and professional, yet feminine and a bit sexy. It's perfect for summer - light in color but still professional. I was going to wear one of my black power suits, but it's August in New York. With some strappy 3" heels, I'm going to look fabulous. I'm ready to go! Let's see how this all turns out...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home