Siryn's Song

Sunday, August 21, 2005

Everything Old is New Again

I spent a good amount of time today trying to re-learn some things I had forgotten about web design. I got myself a new host and a new domain (hey, it was free) and have retired the other one. The domain is still good for another 2 years, but whatever... if I decide to do something with it, I will use it. I'm taking the opportunity to develop a new site for myself that is a little more professional than the other one. I'm taking my time with it, as I really want it to be good. To that end, I am re-learning how to use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) to markup the design of each page. It's amazing how much harder it seems the second time around. Maybe I just don't remember enough. I mean, yeah, some things are pretty easy to pick back up, but there are other things that I didn't learn the first time around that make me go hmmm. Ah, youth... things are much easier to learn when you're young. Maybe that's why my boss is so f'in lazy... it hurts too much to learn something again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home