Siryn's Song

Friday, January 27, 2006

He's Got Game

Worked late again tonight and caught a late train. My favorite conductor was there again to drive me home. He's still as nice as ever. And even better? He's got game. He asked me to go to dinner with him sometime. I expected this, but I wasn't expecting it this quickly. But hey... he's good. He played it down a bit, which gave me room to waffle. I did waffle. He's not my usual 'type.' He's no Brad Pitt, but there is something about him that I like. He eased back on the dinner thing. But he's not giving up. He gave me his phone number. And then, quite skillfully, got me to give him mine. He's got cojones - I can't remember the last time a man was confident enough and got me to give him my number. He's got some game. I found this interesting post through Hookers and Blow's interview with the blog's author, Rob Lowe (not the celeb). It's an interesting article, and lots of it is true. The most disarming thing is the smile. Having a personality and smiling goes so much farther than trying to be hard and tough. For me, there is no such thing as 'thug appeal.' In the case of my favorite conductor, I mentioned that he has a nice smile. He's kind of cute, and I would not have pegged him at 43. I'd shoot 5-6 or so years younger if I had to guess his age based on looks alone. He passes the heel test. And he seems to be a really good guy, likes animals and is kind. The warmth of his personality is somewhat magnetic. He's got game. Nice to see a guy have real game, for once. It's on. ;)

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home