Siryn's Song

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Eyestrain

My mind is struggling to stay wrapped around a 20+ page motion for summary judgment on three different labor law statutes and asking for contractual indemnity. I can barely see, and ADHD continues to creep at the sidelines, making the experience that much harder because it's prolonging my pain. I have something I'm mulling over in my head but I'll get to it later. No, it's not another self-deprecating post, I promise. :) I am feeling better since that watershed period passed. But I felt it important to share because those feelings have come around at different points in my life but never as much as they did a few weeks ago. And you, my dears, are wonderful at snapping me out of it. Thank you. You rock. On an unrelated matter, I was perusing Dan's relationship blog and there is some seriously sad and funny stuff in there so far, but mostly stuff from a newspaper so far. I did get to thinking about one of my random CL dudes and I googled him (...because I forgot his name....doh!) and wow... he is definitely up to one of his old tricks. At least it was entertainment. He was so shady about sharing stuff. This guy, unfortunately, is an exception to Velvet's principle that people will tell you who they are within 5 minutes of meeting him. Yes, and no. Because what I found out later was so incredible, that is something he would have had to have explicitly said to know. I said he was into politics... he is super-duper into politics. He's taking his act on the road in Maryland. I should have expected it, but he's either a severe constitutional law geek or a certifiable nutjob - but not in the dangerous sense. I tend to lean to the latter, although I respect his passion for grass roots politics. Only when I'm feeling generous do I lean to the former. Maybe one day I'll tell, but for now, I'm too embarrassed... even though it wasn't my fault he didn't tell me within 5 minutes that he was a nutjob. The fact that I have a funny story to tell makes my heart a little lighter - it means I'm getting out there and living a little. My life isn't so terribly boring if I get to put myself out there. I have stories to tell my friends, and hopefully someday, my children and grandchildren. That's heartening. So no matter how bad dating sucks, you will at least have stuff to tell your kids once you get it right. And I'm hopeful that one day I'll get it right.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home