Siryn's Song

Monday, January 16, 2006

Lightening Up

I know that I really need to. Some days are better than others, of course. I haven't really felt a part of anything and I guess I'm just tired of feeling that way. Too much backstory to share right now, but whatever... driving onward... Today was okay. A lot of reading to get caught up on the cases I now "own." I am not looking forward to the nightmarish claims adjuster that everyone dreads talking to. Whatever, maybe I can make her like me! We'll see. I spent some time putting my financial house in a little better order. I hadn't been having the discipline to put cash away, but next month I'm starting the automatic deductions so I can start paying myself like a bill and socking away into my IRA or stocks. That will also get what little spending I do under control. That will remove one section of my stress and anxiety. I went looking for law school classmates online and found 2 of them that work nearby. I'm going to reach out and see if we can do lunch or something. I'll be honest: both of them are superstars, so I don't know how I feel about talking to them and not being on the same professional level. But I got along with both of them in school, so I'm not going to let my feelings of inadequacy stop me from making a connection. Who knows, maybe they hate their lives too? Doubt it, but we'll find out...

5 Comments:

  • Just don't ask them to meet you for lunch at Applebee's and you'll be fine.

    By Blogger Jinxy, at 1/17/2006 08:16:00 AM  

  • Productivity always makes me feel better...good luck on the lunch thing!

    By Blogger playfulinnc, at 1/17/2006 08:29:00 AM  

  • I've tried that myself... nada. Too difficult to "schedule" something when they are superstars. Or maybe it was just a good excuse. Then again, it wasn't like we necessarily "got along" that much in law school...

    By Blogger Dan, at 1/17/2006 02:33:00 PM  

  • Haha Jinxy you're great.

    Yeah, don't worry - just make your job sound so much cooler - you're saving the world!

    Besides, they'll be so burnt out they won't know the difference.

    And you ARE a superstar! :)

    By Blogger Asian Mistress, at 1/18/2006 12:11:00 AM  

  • I got in touch with one today. I am not sure he's seen the outside of his office, as he is in securities litigation and he hasn't had any depositions yet.

    But I don't have to lie... my job is faster paced and right now is more interesting from one point of view - I at least get out of the office! :)

    By Blogger Siryn, at 1/18/2006 12:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home