Siryn's Song

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Powerless.

No, this isn't another long, self-deprecating confession. I think we are both tired of those, yes? The power was out today, almost all day. It cut out just before I left this morning around 8 am and didn't come back until about midnight. We had some major windy weather that downed trees and power lines, and made absolute mayhem today. Trains were not running by the time I had parked and started walking to the station, but they started running not too long after that. Still, there was a delay from here to high heaven, and I didn't make it in to work until after 11 am. Shyikes! Power was still out when I talked to my roomie in the early evening - how the heck was I going to watch Lost? Solution! Watch it at the gym. So I went to the gym and had a pretty damn good workout while watching the best show on tv. Closed captioned, but whatever! Still good. I must have burned the day's calories. I spent 55 minutes on the elliptical, spun on the bike for another 10-12, started working the abs and then did more stuff to tone up the legs, mostly the thighs. I squeezed in a few pushups too, but I'm focusing more on the lower body because that is where I carry all my weight. I'm still conscious about losing any breast fat. I mean, damn, I have lazed so hard to get them to where they are! Of all the places to lose fat, that is the last place I need to lose it. I'm most concerned about strengthening my core and getting stronger. I don't care so much about the pounds, but I want to firm up. I will feel much better about my body image once I gain some muscle tone back. Of course, I was starving when I got home. Fortunately, we have a gas stove so I could still heat up food and boil water. I snarfed down some leftover chicken and veggies, and had a few guiltless jello snacks. I had boiled some water for cleaning up with, but the power came back on. Heh. I was prepared to go all Little House on the Prairie, but I'm happy to have power. I can blog! :)

6 Comments:

  • Every time the power goes out, I am reminded of how dependent we are in having electricity in our lives. Across the board dependent. That is another reason I am reluctant to ever switch over to an electric stove: at least with gas you can boil water. How clever of you to multi-task and get in gym time with Lost time. Way to go. That's the pioneer spirit. ;)

    By Blogger Washington Cube, at 1/19/2006 07:30:00 PM  

  • Siryn, keep in mind that you cannot target specific areas to lose fat or weight. Cardio will be the primary means to shed any extra pounds, but its all genetic as to where you lose the weight first. If you carry most of your weight in your legs, concentrating your workout there will only help tone your legs if the cardio burns the fat there. As well, you run the risk of increasing your muscle mass there.

    As for Lost. Wow. Just fucking, WOW. I can't wait to see how the rest of this season plays out!

    By Blogger sethro, at 1/19/2006 08:40:00 PM  

  • Ok, so I finally *get* Lost.

    And, all I seem to do in my free time is workout. I ran for 40 minutes today and did weights. Why I am I not rail thin??

    Damn my parents and their Welsh genes.

    By Blogger playfulinnc, at 1/19/2006 10:14:00 PM  

  • Not being able to blog was really the biggest thing you were concerned about, wasn't it?

    By Blogger Jinxy, at 1/19/2006 10:19:00 PM  

  • Thank you, Cube. I am proud of myself for doing Lost while at the gym. I mean... why sit at home in the darkness with candles and roommates?

    Darling Sethro: thanks for the reminder. I do want to firm up more than anything else, and get my muscle tone back. I'm just lil' soft and I'm inclined to change that back. If that means losing what little boobage I've got... well... le sigh.

    Playful, I am proud of you! Who wants to be rail thin anyway? Strong is sexy. Rawr.

    Jinxy: Lost was #1. Blogging was #3, behind...ooh, a hot shower.

    By Blogger Siryn, at 1/19/2006 10:58:00 PM  

  • Thanks, buddy.

    By Blogger Siryn, at 1/20/2006 11:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home