Siryn's Song

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

New York, New York

I got the offer. :) Pay's a little more, plus medical. Dental's available, and there is a 401k that vests after 1 year. It's a feeling of freedom, for sure. I am excited because it is a real opportunity for growth and change. And yet... Well, tonight I met the guy from eHarmony. We went to happy hour at Mackey's and then on the spur of the moment, we went walking from there up to Dupont Circle, and then back to my car where we proceeded down to the Mall and started walking the monuments. It's such an ethereal experience at night, when they are lit up. Especially the World War II and Korean War Memorials - WWII is even more majestic than it is during the daytime, and the Korean War even more haunting. It was a beautiful night, and there is so much I have neglected to do while I have been living here... I regret the thought of leaving without having seen all that Washington has to offer. There is a measure of comfort and beauty that cannot compare to New York City, though New York is also a cultural Mecca. It's like comparing Golden Delicious to Red Delicious Apples. Of course, it's not like I'll NEVER come back... but it's always different, you know? The more I think about it, the more I think that leaving is the right thing for me to do. But if I got a decent permanent job that kept me in the area.... I would stay. When I got home, I saw some message on my machine from Ajilon Legal - a placement company that I signed up with. If they have a temp job for me, I think I might reject it. If it's permanent... I'd consider it. But it would need to be as good or better than the job in New York. It is time to grow, time to push out from my comfort zone and become something bigger and better than what I am. I told the firm in NY that I'd let them know by the end of the week. Lord, please help me make the right decisions.

11 Comments:

  • Just found this wonderful blog and now you may be leaving for NYC -- good luck with your decision.

    By Blogger kob, at 8/24/2005 10:53:00 AM  

  • "Spelling Nazi"

    Check out Rock Creek Rambler's post regarding the very inappropriate use of the word Nazi. I'm sure someone as "edjumikated" as you claim to be can come up with something more appropriate and less offensive.

    Cheers!

    By Blogger Miss Penny Lane, at 8/24/2005 10:37:00 PM  

  • It's my blog and I'll be as ironic as I want to.

    I'd suggest lightening up a little.

    By Blogger Siryn, at 8/24/2005 11:14:00 PM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Bus Snob, at 8/25/2005 12:15:00 AM  

  • I would suggest that she pull that 15 foot pole out of her ass...

    but that's probably also inappropriate and offensive.

    my bad.

    Congrats on the job offer.. it's always nice to be validated - and to have an out of that hell hole. I'm sure you'll do the right thing.

    By Blogger Bus Snob, at 8/25/2005 12:16:00 AM  

  • Thanks for the well-wishes. I sincerely appreciate them.

    By Blogger Siryn, at 8/25/2005 02:35:00 AM  

  • I truly understand your feelings. :)

    I can't sit still...it's like I feel the need to push my way throught the next four weeks with as many DC things as possible.

    Maybe I will tell ya later about my online match!

    God speed~

    By Blogger playfulinnc, at 8/25/2005 10:33:00 AM  

  • I really don't have a pole up my ass! I promise!! I apologize for being rude, if I was...no hate was meant to be inferred, honestly. The comment was a result of just having read RCR's post. I take it back. :)

    By Blogger Miss Penny Lane, at 8/25/2005 10:16:00 PM  

  • By the way, Bus Snob, I am but a wee 5 feet tall, so maybe I could pull the 15 foot pole outta my mouth instead of my ass? It hurt too much when it went in that way. LOL. Again, sorry for being too rash and judgmental/judgemental (depending on your preference of spelling).

    By Blogger Miss Penny Lane, at 8/25/2005 10:18:00 PM  

  • no prob Ms. Penny...

    I thought i posted this last night - but apparently it didn't post - or it's in the wrong thread?

    If nothing else, Siryn is edjumakated - but she's definately not a bigot.

    Congrats on the new job chica.. goodluck on the move.

    By Blogger Bus Snob, at 8/26/2005 10:54:00 PM  

  • Thanks, chica. I really appreciate it.

    By Blogger Siryn, at 8/27/2005 12:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home