Siryn's Song

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Grieve

My brother and his wife decided not to have the twins. I know how awful I feel. I can't come close to imagining how they are feeling. In my mind's eye, I can see them... I imagine them as fraternal, a little boy and a little girl... with large, luminous eyes; chubby, fleshy cheeks; soft, curly hair; the most delicate hands and feet; and smiles that make you melt inside. I think of them... and I can't see. The reasons for the decision are various and personal, and I don't feel like discussing it here. I will just end this with this song, Giving You Back, by Robyn. In another time, another life in another situation I would have made you mine, would have taken time out to make sure you'd be fine I could feel you coming, I knew you would but I never imagined you'd be so good and it hurts me so to let you go I want you to live but I'm not all I wanna' give Right now nothing can be right, right now nothing can be wrong all I can do is keep believing that life goes on and on I'm giving you back, to the ocean I'm giving you back, to the stars I'm giving you back, to where you came from but I'm not forgetting who you are With you in me I was beautiful two months of joy, before the impossible every second I long for the day when you come back, come back to stay when the time is right, when there's no wrong I'll be there for you and I'll be strong and I promise I'll be all I can be I'm still open if you still want me Right now nothing can be wrong, right now nothing can be right all I can do is keep believing that life goes on and on You made me see a lot clearer heaven is not that far one day i hope to be closer to be as pure as I know that, I know that you are

5 Comments:

  • Wow. I am sorry to hear that news. What a difficult (understatement) decision. My brother & sister in law had to make the same decision several years back (not twins, though). They are doing great now, and had their second child three years ago. I am sure your bro & sis will be of great comfort to one another and come through this together.

    By Blogger Miss Penny Lane, at 9/16/2005 11:05:00 AM  

  • Thanks, Penny. It's not easy for them at all, but I think they are going to pull through it pretty well. I hope so, anyway.

    By Blogger Siryn, at 9/16/2005 04:30:00 PM  

  • I am already emotional right now, but this put me over the edge. What a horrific decision to have to make. But after going through my recent troubles, I seriously know that there is a plan for everyone. Some lives are much shorter than others, but they still touch us in special ways.

    By Blogger Dop T, at 9/18/2005 12:06:00 AM  

  • I imagine the Lord receiving their spirits. I imagine them wondering why...and feeling hurt...but I hope they will understand. I hope they will know that they are still loved.

    By Blogger Siryn, at 9/18/2005 01:36:00 AM  

  • As a recent father of twins, that is the saddest thing I've ever read.

    By Blogger Phil, at 9/27/2005 03:39:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home