Siryn's Song

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Once More, With Feeling

The soccer season has started. Tonight was the first game with the Alexandria league team. I decided to go out and play with my team, one last time before I disappear. It may be the last game. I am tempted to go and play next week, but we'll see - I need to be packing up and moving in earnest! I was a little nervous about my hand, since I broke my finger in May while playing. I took a fall early on and found myself taking care to not fall on that hand, but I did bang it a few times. The finger has never been the same since the break, and doesn't bend in the same direction that it used to. Well, we won! A decent margin too, 4-2. We went for drinks later in Crystal City. A large bunch of us just sat around in the cool of the night and shot the breeze, enjoying the precious moments that we have together. To them, they may be more routine, but to me they are precious, because they are numbered. I've met some really nice people, and I've grown as a player with them. It's a shame that I can't continue growing with them - just when I thought I could really start contributing to the team's success, I have to find a new team. :( I'm finding that I'm repeating myself (which I hate doing) but it's true - so much of this is bittersweet. Life is about growth, change, and acceptance of both. It's the theme we all play to. It's kind of like string theory as a theory of everything - we are all different strings on some elaborate instrument, vibrating at different frequencies to eventually create an elegant symphony. There is a certain poetic comfort in thinking that God is a supreme musician, and that all of this life in some way makes sense, much like a song. I'm ready to grow, ready to change, and I'm accepting it. Thanks to all for the great music. And now my usual Tuesday aside... Of course, I ended up missing Rock Star: INXS again. Thank God they put the performance videos up. My favorite, Marty Casey, did a great job again! I didn't care for the Foo Fighters song because I don't know it, but his performance of it was intense but restrained. Not bad. And then his original song, "Trees" - that is a good one! It was nice, and easy to get into. I think the consensus is that his was the best. Please vote for my Marty. And my ex called while I was out. Didn't leave a message. heh.

7 Comments:

  • Siryn, use your powers for good...

    like getting me out of this speeding ticket!

    By Blogger Johnny, at 9/07/2005 08:44:00 AM  

  • Nice to meet a fellow soccer-playing blogger. Last night was my first game back after fracturing a bone in my left (dominant) foot. Perhaaaaaps a bit early coming back but in still in victory!

    By Blogger I-66, at 9/07/2005 02:09:00 PM  

  • Johnny: how fast were you going, and what was the speed limit? ;)

    66: Hello fellow soccer-playing-blogger! Are you in pain? I did fall on my hand a couple of times and I am feeling some stiffness/pain, but nothing's broken. Thank God!

    By Blogger Siryn, at 9/07/2005 11:08:00 PM  

  • I wouldn't say pain.. discomfort is a bit more like it. I got the bad foot stepped on (in a different place) by a man much larger than I in the first half. Had a temporary freak-out not knowing where the pain was but walked it off.. I have two to play on Sunday night.

    I actually played in Alexandria for a team on one night in the Spring... all I remember is a) winning and b) it was on a field close to where the connector meets Eisenhower

    By Blogger I-66, at 9/08/2005 07:44:00 AM  

  • I know that field. I hate that field. It's so short! We normally don't play there, we usually play at Four Mile Run Park. (Which, by the way, absolutely sucked this week - it was like playing in The Dust Bowl as there is almost no grass to speak of in the center. Worst conditions I've seen in the past few seasons.)

    Hopefully it wasn't us that you played and beat. :)

    By Blogger Siryn, at 9/08/2005 02:24:00 PM  

  • depends.. do you wear burgundy?

    By Blogger I-66, at 9/08/2005 02:37:00 PM  

  • Fortunately, no! :)

    whew. :)

    By Blogger Siryn, at 9/08/2005 10:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home