Siryn's Song

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Amid the Rough

...emerges this little diamond. Bravo, CL dude. I heart you.

Advice for Women...(seriously) - 33 Date: 2006-01-09, 10:27PM EST I hear that there are many young, attractive and single women in the city that can't seem to find a guy. Well, after a fair amount of time both searching for these women and thinking about a possible resolution, I came up with a few things to help along this process of meeting. Yes, these are tips for women, sure there are things that men could do better also, but I can only speak from my perspective. Here goes: 1. Eye contact - This isn't 1986 in the city where eye contact is going to get you stuffed in a garbage can out on Coney Island. There are still things in the city to be careful of, this isn't one of them. 2. Smile - So many beautiful women wandering around the city looking pissed off about something. A simple smile makes you much more approachable and accessible. Yes, it will make us want to talk to you. 3. Say hello, introduce yourself - Yup, you can do it too, it's not just up to us guys. Not that I'm passing the buck here, but let's face it, not 1950 anymore, empower yourself a bit. Please, someone, try this out for a week, a weekend, even a day and let me know how it goes. I guarantee things wil be different. I do also have some general rules for both genders I will list below. For both males and females: 1. Be openminded - try different things, date different people. No, not everyone you meet you will instantly fall in love with, c'est la vie. This should not stop you from trying. 2. Don't be so judgemental - This person looks like they wouldn't date me, they make too much money, not enough money, dress differently, etc. Take it as it comes and again, try something different. You should go out of your way to try and date someone you may never have considered in the past. Yo may learn something. 3. Be honest - Not all dates or relationships work out, and we all hate being lied to. We should all have enough self-esteem to be able to take a small hit to our ego ever once in a while when someone tells us they are not interested. If you don't want to date someone, let them know, easy enough. This will give us the power to do the same. Don't lead each other on and keep others guessing, thi is a waste of time for everyone. We'll all feel better in the long run. Try this, let me know how it works.
So much wisdom. Love it. Had to share. May even give it a try if I surface from my office in time to see humans...

3 Comments:

  • i hate to say it, but i agree with his observations. the same thing can be said about how people act in DC.


    how about you email this CL fella and see what's shakin???

    By Blogger VP of Dior, at 1/10/2006 09:05:00 AM  

  • You know I am trying to broaden my horizons... :)

    By Blogger Asian Mistress, at 1/10/2006 09:28:00 PM  

  • When I was looking, I think the best advice I could have gotten would have been: "Be less busy."

    I think the hardest part about meeting people in any city be it NYC, DC from your experience or New Haven, Chicago, Las Vegas, or Pittsburgh in mine, is that successful, intelligent people are busy.

    How to be less busy? I have no idea.

    By Blogger David, at 1/10/2006 11:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home