Siryn's Song

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Back Out There.

I decided to lose my mind and post an ad on CL. I decided that I'm too restrictive upon myself, and that I should just get out there and date - and really open my mind up to something new. I am genuinely surprised to see that I got any responses, since I put it out there up front: No sex. It didn't take long, but I have a few emails to sift through and respond to. I do want to respond to all of them instead of leaving them out there to twist in the wind. As usual, though, there are the completely uninteresting guys who send next to nothing about themselves. And yes, cuter guys can get away with this, whereas less attractive guys need to show more personality. I have quite a few older guys, and a couple of married ones in there. Ugh. I did talk to this one married guy who, as he says, was basically looking for a drink but didn't want to go out with gay guys. Heh. I gotcha, but I'm on my p's and q's. T'ain't no ass to be had here, and he knows it, but I think he wouldn't mind if given the chance. I did meet him and it was nice to meet someone new. No, he didn't flirt too much - we just talked mainly about other stuff. Backgrounds, the olympics, yadda yadda. I didn't feel uncomfortable or unsafe. I just worry that he's out there straying emotionally, but then, why answer a platonic ad? Maybe he's just allowing himself to feel tempted, to feel a little more alive. I don't blame him if that's the case (and he is good looking, for being as old as he is), but playing with fire is dangerous. It's too easy to cross some lines once you approach the threshold. So I'm going to give this a shot. I am especially excited about this cute teacher with darker features that wrote to me. Rawr! He's a cutie. :) Wish me luck.

4 Comments:

  • Goodluck lady!

    Sometimes you have to put yourself out there. I met my guy through CL and we've been dating almost 2 years. He is the one for me, my fam loves him, and now we just laugh about how we met.

    You never know until you put it all out there sometimes.

    Let us know how it goes!!

    By Blogger Sharkbait, at 2/22/2006 08:34:00 AM  

  • I am wishing you nothing but luck. And I got into CL because of the little wench who posted right above me.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 2/22/2006 11:53:00 AM  

  • AH, the married one scares me. If i knew my husband was out having a drink with an attractive lawyer...his balls would be in serious danger.

    On the other hand...good for you for getting out there!

    Maybe he has a friend?

    By Blogger playfulinnc, at 2/22/2006 10:02:00 PM  

  • YES. Danger. Balls. Husband. See? Just the thought, and I can't put a coherent sentence together.

    I'm interested to see what/who comes up next!

    By Blogger ninjapoodles, at 2/23/2006 04:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home