Siryn's Song

Saturday, February 11, 2006

Nanita

I bought myself an iPod nano today. Black, 4GB. The purchase was a little impulsive. I was driving by Best Buy and it whispered to me to come buy it, since I'd been wanting one since Christmas. That, plus the whole thing with the engineer has left me in a bit of a funk and so shopping for it was a little theraputic. I am disappointed that Apple insists on making you use white earbuds and cases when you buy a black nano. How hard would it be to color coordinate this stuff? Black nano? Black earbuds, black case. Simple, right? cha! Apparently not. It asked me for a name when I was setting it up. God, what do you name your iPod? I don't normally name my inanimate objects. Maybe it's not particularly creative, but I decided to name it Nanita. Fuck it, it's cute. Nanita, she is. I'm going to have to get all crafty and make myself an armband so I can work out and have it on my arm. I mean, all I need is a little stretchy fabric, some velcro, a needle, and thread. There is no reason for me to pay 20-odd bucks for an accessory case not even worth 5 bucks. Ri-goddamned-diculous. Anyway, welcome, little Nanita. You will be most welcome on the train.

5 Comments:

  • Hey, I just an iPod too. I posted about it a couple of days ago on my site. They totally rock.

    I have seen girls wear these armband wallet thingies when they go salsa dancing. It might work for your iPod, but I don't know what they cost.

    By Blogger HomeImprovementNinja, at 2/12/2006 10:35:00 AM  

  • Interesting.

    So you're going to wear it on the train.

    So you won't have to talk to anyone.

    So you won't have to talk to him.

    Aah, a woman after my own heart.

    By Blogger Melissa, at 2/12/2006 11:14:00 AM  

  • Interesting. Despite the apparent joy and happiness at getting your ipod, you complain...

    By Blogger Dan, at 2/12/2006 01:39:00 PM  

  • Those armband thingies are at least 20 bucks! It's such a ripoff. And I hate being ripped off. I will pay the market price for the device, but not the accessories. That's crap.

    I have been wanting it for the commute for a while. It seems that it's my luck that I always sit near some freakin' Chatty Cathy (or two) who seems to be inable to find their "I'm in a public place" voice. Of course, not talking to anyone, including him, is a boon. But the music might make me smile, and maybe that will attract someone else. You just never know... :)

    Well, Dan, it wasn't the be-all, end-all of my day or my week, but I'm happy to have it. Gratitude no matter the circumstances is a lesson I've yet to master.

    By Blogger Siryn, at 2/12/2006 07:17:00 PM  

  • Haha I totally wanted black accessories too!

    By Blogger Asian Mistress, at 2/12/2006 10:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home