Siryn's Song

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Transition: WordPress

I'm using WordPress for my new blogging software. It's very powerful in that it does everything that Blogger does, but you have a finer level of control over the parts of your blog, if you're savvy enough (or intuitive enough, or dedicated enough) to use something beyond the simplest of interfaces. Something that is very time consuming that is taking up my time is categorization of posts. Think of it as an archive by genre of subject. I figure that if I do about 50-60 of my posts a day, I'll be done by the end of the week. There are some problems, though, in that sometimes I get errors on posts that I don't understand. It has something to do with my web host, and I don't have the energy to figure it out. Not right now, anyway. So of the few uncategorized posts that are there, only 2-3 of them are deliberately uncategorized. I haven't even started cracking the CSS for the template. I have a copy of my old template saved, but it's on a crashed hard drive. Even so... this is still very, very much under construction. Time to go back to a little more categorizing.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home