Siryn's Song

Sunday, April 16, 2006

You Get What You Pay For

Sometimes that is very, very true. I'm in the process of trying to set up a new web host for this blog. I found a free website host with ample space. I bought a new domain. I got Word Press for my blog software, as I like its power and I'm geeky enough to deal with its intricacies. The problem? The host sucks. For most of the weekend, the nameservers were down. Now that it's up and I can connect, the database server seems non-existent, so I can't even install Word Press. I try to ping the database server and the name won't even resolve. That sucks. In some ways, I think I shouldn't even bother. A small part of me says, why don't you just pay? The rest of me says, are you kidding? You have a Blogger account for free, and chances are, Blogger is going to upgrade itself and allow you to categorize your posts. Why should you pay? Indeed. Blogger, while not the most sophisticated software, is a good system. The other advantage is the registered user network. You can still spoof other people on Blogger, but every user has an individual profile number. There is always a way to tell. Eh. I will let you know when it's up and running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home