Siryn's Song

Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Experiment: Day 1

The funny thing about some men (not all) is just how desperate they can be. And they think women are psycho? The posting actually got flagged and removed by the CL community. Smart! But not before some guys responded. Check it:

  • #1. No picture. Just a question. "Are you interested in black guys?"
  • #2. No picture. Weird username with "luve" in it. Obviously not valedictorian of his class. "hi i read your posting on craigslist and i like what i read. i am a 30 year old 6'3 italian latino man looking for a nsa relationship of convenience with the right women. email me at [AOHell address] so we can make arrangements." "ciao"
  • #3. No picture. Looks like a cut-and-paster. Maybe not... I don't know much about the psyche of the man willing to pay for sex. "Hello I am interested in your ad but mostly you. I would like to exchange a few emails and chat with you to se if we have the same things or other things in common. Please write to me soon. [his name]"
  • #4. No picture. I don't blame them, but still...if you are going to answer, you should listen to the ad if you want to be considered. Plus he's a smartass. "What's the standard rate for a relationship of convenience run these days?"
  • #5. No picture. This brilliant guy seems to be using his real name. Should our girl mess around with a guy who can't figure out how to edit a picture so that it's a decent file size? "CL won't let me send pics through their system. want to know more, send me a pic please, how much generosity are we talking?"
  • #6. This one sends a picture. Too bad it's of him drinking with some woman, and he's got a massive forehead. MASSIVE. Eesh. "I can be very generou$. 33, white male in Queens. Banker, laid back and alot of fun. Are you still up?"
  • #7. This one sends a picture. Too bad it's of him, drunk, looking like he is drooling while talking to another woman in a bar. And this one can't spell Sallie. Again, eesh."she [Sallie Mae] always takes my money. im 26. i could help your rising interest rates. im drunk in the picture, but its one of the few i have on this particular computer. can i see yours?
  • #8. No picture. No message. Guess what? No response. :P
  • #9. No picture. This guy doesn't understand what "generous" means in New York."Hi, I am not sure if you are still looking for someone to meet up with but I came across your posting and thought I would contact and see if you have found someone yet. As for me, I am a single white male, live in manhattan, thirty one years old, able to host and comforable donating $500 to you, laid back and would love to meet you this evening. I think that is pretty much everything so if my response piques your interest email me back"
  • #10. No picture. "Please send me a picture at your convenience. Thanks."
As much as I'd loved to have responded during the day, I just couldn't - no time. But that gives me time to make up a backstory. Like...I have an MBA but am getting paid shit as an office manager for a small law firm. So I bartend at night to make my rent, and I'm tired of doing it. Help me embellish the story! Let's make it plausible and good. I think I am going to borrow the visage of our long lost friend Diane Riminatti - she was a real looker! [Apologies, my friend, but I can't resist.] Responses will go out tomorrow, when I have a little more time. Muhahahahaaa!!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home