Siryn's Song

Monday, April 17, 2006

Do I Make You Horny, Baby?

Austin Powers is a great character. Funny as crap most times. And sooo easy to spoof. But this isn't about Austin. It's about the various ways I perceive guys as being "cute." You see, tonight I had dinner with Caramba. He's not offensive-looking at all. And in some ways, he's kinda cute. He's growing on me. But he hasn't risen to the level of making me absolutely randy, if you know what I mean. There are guys that are "cute" in a "my little baby brother" sense. You just don't see them as mating material, though they have mediocre to nice looks. Then there are guys that are "cute" in a fresh faced, guy next door kind of sense. Meaning that these guys might be the fairly nondescript kind, but if they open their mouths and say the right things, they can get promoted to "hot", or the next kind of cute... The guys that are "cute," as in you can instantly see yourself shagging him and enjoying it. The stuff romance novels are made of, minus the melodramatic writing. Caramba is in the middle group. As I get to know him, he seems a little cuter. But it could all just be in my head. I mean, it's still very new, and of all the guys that I have conversed with in the last couple of months, this is the only one that I make any effort to keep up with. Maybe that means more than anything else. Time will tell, I suppose, and I'm not rushing anything. Things are just too new to make a good assessment. But whatever. There may be more kinds of "cute" for each individual woman. I might come up with another category or so, but regardless of it all, a person seems uglier if the personality is not there to back it up. That's just it, isn't it?

7 Comments:

  • My thought on this is that as long as a guy meets a minimum level of attractiveness (which is whatever I deem it to be), I'll give him a chance.

    I've had ok looking guys become super attractive when I got to know them better.

    And, I've had objectively handsome men turn absolutely unappealing as their personalties emerged.

    Looks are far from everything, but they're still not nothing.

    By Blogger Jamy, at 4/18/2006 11:36:00 AM  

  • I am a huge fan of Nerdy Hot. Aka Could be a Design Nerd. Or Has Aveda Products and Bike Accident Scars. Etc. Also, My Glasses Cost More Than Your Laptop, Which I Can Fix.

    I think they have those in NYC, right?

    By Blogger playfulinnc, at 4/18/2006 05:14:00 PM  

  • Nerdy Hot does it for me, too. And I have have have to know their personality before I can determine if he's cute or not. No doubt.

    By Blogger Sandra Dee, at 4/18/2006 07:43:00 PM  

  • Very true, Jamy.

    Nerdy hot does it for me too. A little quirky with mad intelligence is so sexy. Rawr!!

    By Blogger Siryn, at 4/19/2006 02:28:00 PM  

  • I hate being called cute. It is mostly taken as meant "harmless"

    By Blogger Dan, at 4/19/2006 04:44:00 PM  

  • Hmmm...maybe geeky cute where he doesn't fit the conventional sense of handsome (an Edward Norton type,) but there is obviously a sparkle and a brain.

    By Blogger Washington Cube, at 4/20/2006 01:09:00 PM  

  • "not offensive looking"

    hahaha

    my new thing is he's cute...with a twist of ugly. (for someone that at first glance might be cute, but on further inspection is not)

    By Blogger Asian Mistress, at 4/21/2006 09:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home