Siryn's Song

Monday, April 10, 2006

The Black Girl's Guide to Sex

Pssst. Come closer. I have a secret to tell you. I know this might be shocking, but brace yourself... There is no such thing as a Black Girl's Guide to Sex. Black women do not have some guide book, written or unwritten, about how to please a man that is any different from white women or women of other ethnicities. At least, there is no material exclusive to them that isn't readily available on a newsstand or in your local adult superstore. And being part Asian, I can also assuredly tell you that the Asian Girl's Guide to Sex doesn't exist, either. Let's get something straight. It is no different being with a black woman than it is being with a white woman, or any other race. Black women are not from Mars. Latina women are not from Venus. Asian women are not from Mercury. Native Americans are not from Jupiter...ad nauseum, but the point is assuredly taken. I'm so tired of seeing the ignorance. "I've never been with a [insert ethnicity here] girl before." As if there is something different about any woman of color? The only differences are spawned from the gremlins in your head, subconscious or not. Maybe it's taboo to you on some level, overtly or not, and you get off on anything taboo. The color of my skin, the shape of my eyes and nose, the fullness of my lips, the texture of my hair - these things are not a proxy for skill or desire. There is very little in the way of physicality that desire can't make up for. So if you are white and happen to hook up with a non-white girl, realize that you take the same 50/50 crapshoots every time: whether or not she's into you, if she knows how to kiss, if she knows how to please you, if she even wants or is willing to please you. There is nothing that she does that is taught only to black women. Our mothers don't sit us down to pass on secret sexual tips taught only to women of our ethnicity. There is no cultural difference. It's all on an individual basis. Desire is not a cookie-cutter trait. Stop the ignorance. Stop treating us as if we are not human. We are the same as any other women. It's time to clean out the gremlins. Enough already.

9 Comments:

  • Actually, you shoulda' lied about that one.

    "Yes, clearly I am far superior to your past girlfriends because I studied both the ancient oriental secrets of lovemaking AND the black girls guide to dating. None of your anglo girlfriends will posess the skillz that I do."

    If they ask why your "technique" is so strikingly similar to their white girlfriends' techniques, you can say something like "well, your skillz are so rudimentary that I was worried that I might injure you the vigorous lovemaking that I practice. When you get better at it, maybe I'll show you a few moves."

    Actually, this is only marginally-related, but I've had people tell me that salsa should come easy for me because latin people are born with that rythym. I'm like "ummm, no we're not..."

    By Blogger HomeImprovementNinja, at 4/11/2006 10:17:00 AM  

  • Home improvement, that was freakin' hilarious.

    Skills in people CAN vary with age, however, and practice.

    But mostly, it comes down to will and communication, which in the end, comes down to money.

    Or, so the marriage counselor parents of Playfulindc say to her.

    By Blogger playfulinnc, at 4/11/2006 11:59:00 AM  

  • So what are you waiting for? Sit down this instant and write that book. It will be a best seller. A couple of suggestions for chapter titles: Divergent races (minds) converge; Compare and contrast- which race is right for you; What she expects on the first date; Three races to avoid at all costs; How to prepare yourself for sex with a woman of (insert race here) aka 10 things you can do to yourself before the date, and my favorite round eye for the (insert race here) gal.

    Hopefully, this is not too tasteless. I want a free copy. lol

    By Blogger Darrell, at 4/11/2006 09:42:00 PM  

  • Haaaa Ninja!! Yeah, booyeeee, I got mAd sKillZ! You are such a freak, Ninja. Love it!!

    Playful, that makes me sad, because Sallie Mae ensures that I have no freakin' money.

    Darrell, you will get the first copy as soon as I'm done writing it. ;)

    By Blogger Siryn, at 4/11/2006 10:16:00 PM  

  • Oh no! Don't be sad...

    I just mean that couples fight over money, and then the deterioration of good communication and sex.

    It doesn't matter about how much money, just that you agree on how to treat it.

    :)

    By Blogger playfulinnc, at 4/12/2006 04:20:00 PM  

  • Haha damnit Siryn I like people to think I'm exotic! :)

    I've actually never been with an asian guy.

    I hear I'm not missing out on much...

    (haha funny sarcasm irony here people)

    By Blogger Asian Mistress, at 4/12/2006 11:00:00 PM  

  • I'd probably even buy a copy of that book to try to learn. This little white girl admits she could use some pointers! :-)

    By Blogger Stef, at 4/13/2006 09:13:00 PM  

  • I love it. Tell me how you really feel. I love that you're real and let it out.

    I hear you. I am mistaken for a puerto rican all the time (and I am flattered) but it doesn't mean I am good at salsa or speak spanish. It just so happens I am good at both! hehe

    Next time you're in DC, we have to get together!

    By Blogger Sharkbait, at 4/17/2006 12:21:00 AM  

  • You guys crack me up. :)

    Sharky, we'll have to do that.

    By Blogger Siryn, at 4/17/2006 12:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home