Siryn's Song

Sunday, April 23, 2006

NY International Auto Show

I went to the New York International Auto Show today at the Jacob Javits Center. It was fun - all the beautiful cars, it was like being in a very expensive candy shop. Some very surprising entries in there. I wish I had a camera - mine is on the fritz!! Of them all, if money was no object, I would get myself a Jaguar XK. Holy cow that car is sleek and sexy. Puts a new spin on the term 'gettin' some p***y'. Or maybe the Aston Martin V8 Vantage (link warning: pdf brochure). The Saturn Sky was surprisingly sexy - and it's in the real world affordable range. Coolest car at the show? Saab Aero X, hands down. If Darth Vader had a car, this would be it. Wow. The Ford Reflex is a close second. Toyota had some funky boxy compact SUVs too, that were pretty cool. I almost forgot - the Scion Fuse. Lots of great-looking cars and trucks, and some really fabulous displays. Surprisingly sexy too is the Subaru Legacy. No link because the pictures don't do it justice - it looks much nicer in person. It's a real-world car, and while it didn't boast any cool shapes, it just emitted a nice bit of class that I didn't expect from a Subaru. Another real-world droolworthy car: the Pontiac Solstice. Or the Pontiac G6 coupe. There is a convertible, too. Also very sexy: This dark Christmas red Lexus ES300. It just oozed class. Infiniti also made a very nice showing - I'm loving that G coupe. And much love to Porsche. This is a happy le sigh. If only money were no object...

5 Comments:

  • ... and not a hybrid among them...

    By Blogger Dan, at 4/24/2006 08:47:00 AM  

  • Why all the NY posts? I thought you lived oustside DC?

    By Blogger HomeImprovementNinja, at 4/24/2006 09:30:00 AM  

  • I love that Jaguar. I am not loving the price. As you say...if only money weren't the object. There is something truly American, like hot dogs and baseball, about the love of the car. Gone in Sixty Seconds is a piece of fluff film, and yet I watch it every time just to see that Shelby racing through the city.

    By Blogger Washington Cube, at 4/25/2006 11:51:00 AM  

  • There are plenty of hybrids, but none that really gave me the eye-popping effect like the ones listed. But the Aero X is a biofuel car - burns ethanol. And there were a ton of GM cars that burn ethanol or a mix of gasoline/ethanol.

    Ninja. I moved. See the right hand side of my blog, and the post entitled "New York, New York." My profile: lost in New York. And I used to live IN DC, not outside it. tsk, tsk, Ninja.

    Cubie - we are a nation built on the expansive power of traveling long distances. The love of the car is in our cultural blood. You should do a post about that!

    By Blogger Siryn, at 4/25/2006 06:43:00 PM  

  • Oops, sorry. I know you worked in MD, so I assumed you lived there too. (probably b/c the only reason I live in DC is to be closer to work).

    By Blogger HomeImprovementNinja, at 4/26/2006 09:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home